Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fresh Picked Thrifts, Episode 13


It was a busy work week for me (ya know the day job), but of course, I managed to find time to squeeze in a few fun-thrifted finds.

These guys were particularly fun because I thrifted (borderline stole) them from my sister's house...I believe for free, and free is always good, right?

Sweet baby angel salt and pepper shakers- made in Japan.

I also scooped a few needed garden gnomes from a nearby thrift store...

Ever watch Gnomeo and Juliet? I was pleasantly surprised, it was quite entertaining. I guess I wouldn't mind if these guys came alive at night and took care of my garden.


I then got a bit crafty and turned this sad cast iron trivet into something a bit more cheery.




           BEFORE

AND
                AFTER
Voila!  Just a few coats of that Martha Stewart Acrylic Craft paint, plus a few curse words trying to get each letter with a cheap, too wide brush = a much happier piece. 

***By the way see this post to enter my GIVEAWAY! ****

I'll be linking this post to Thrifty Love, Flea Market Finds and Thrift Share Monday... See their buttons on my blog side bar.




2 comments:

  1. I love the garden gnomes! I have a set very similar to them that my grandmother painted 30+ years ago in all red & green outfits. She called them Christmas Elves and I put them out every year to siesta away under the tree! So fun!
    Cheers ~ Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great things. I love your gnomes! Thanks for joining us at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete