Monday, May 14, 2012

Fresh Picked Thrifts, Episode 15

Sorry for the leave of absence. I've been a busy busy bee... At some point I may have time to update everyone on what's been keeping me away. Of course amidst all my life chaos I have luckily made it out to a few sales. One of my requests for Mother's day was to go to Wolff's Flea Market in Rosemont, IL.

Flea ...flee fly ...flee fly flu...    I love the the flea market :)   

I decided to ask my "minimalist mom" and my gadget loving dad to go with me, and to my surprise they even agreed to go for the 6am opening. Ahhh parents, and their never ending sacrifices to make their children happy.

These are my Mother's Day Flea Market finds...

Great "Fort Knox" metal safe. The awesome green/blue color called to me. And I just love how aged it looks. Now I just need money to fill it up.



I think I'm seeing pink elephants... is that a bad sign?!


Pet Pals, made in Japan Pink elephant pin cushion.


Now for my barware item.
Cool Father's day gift, don't ya think?


Now, the next find, even made my dad drool a bit.
Not to mention,  it brought back memories of how my "minimalist mom" made him sell his old typewriters and his mod eight track Weltron stereo at a garage sale. My poor "minimalist mom", probably some 20years later is still having to hear about it. 

Just in case, this is the stereo I'm talking about. And no this isn't what I found... but it's definitely on my treasure hunting list.

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31207458@N07/5961754262/
My parents make a great pair, and if it weren't for my mom and her minimalist ways my dad might be waist deep in National Geographic Magazines and old electronics- bummer for me. J/k love you mom :)

Well here it is...  Not sure why, but I'm a sucker for vintage typewriters and the green keys on this one made me melt.

Smith-Corona Mechanical Typewriter beauty.



And the perfect find to end my Mother's Day flea marketing...  
A "minimalist mom" approved item-   beautiful ceramic unmarked figurine of mother and child.

Hope all mom's had a great Mother's Day!

I will be linking this post with Flea market Finds and Todays Thrifty Treasure Every Monday







3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the safe, the colour is so pretty! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't hit Rosemont this season yet, it's hard to get up at 5AM to hit the flea! Looks like you found some treasures, I love the color of the safe and that it's named "Fort Knox".

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little safe and you right the color is great! Thanks for sharing at Cap Creations. this weeks link up is now live. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete